The Community @ Media Relations Committee shall advise and assist library staff and the Board of Trustees on marketing and public relations activities.
The Community and Media Relations Committee shall advise and assist library staff and the Board of Trustees on marketing and public relations activities.
The committee will:
- Review the mission and goals of the Strategic Plan;
- Develop both a long-term and short-term comprehensive marketing plan;
- Submit the marketing plans to the Library Board of Trustees for review;
- Actively participate in the creation and implementation of marketing tactics;
- Identify incremental marketing and public relations opportunities;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and public relations initiatives;
- Involve other Library Board members in public appearances;
- Solicit input from and communicate tactical changes to library staff;
- Coordinate activities with other committees as needed.
Appropriate skills and characteristics for Committee and Media Relations Committee:
- At least three members from the Board of Trustees and others from the community as needed
- Library Director or designee will serve as staff liaison to the Committee
- Members who have marketing or PR backgrounds